It really pisses me off how so many parents who took their kids to see Paranorman made such an uproar about one of the characters being openly gay, but completely ignore how the film also featured aggressive preteen bullying and an innocent child being mercilessly executed by religious fanatics. Way to prioritize, parents.
Things that are creepy:
- Persistence after someone has said NO or STOP, or has made it clear they are not interested in your advances
- Invalidating someone’s “no”
- Only stopping your advances when somebody informs you they are taken (you are telling this person their “no” alone is not enough, which means you do not respect them)
- Asking “why” when somebody rejects your advances
- Asking “why not” when somebody refuses to give you their phone number